Wednesday, September 15, 2010

And for something ALMOST quilty...

Do you ever feel like you just can't function in your workspace? I feel like I have been cleaning for months, and not getting anywhere. Today, I decided that maybe I needed a bigger change. The room was not working for me. There was just a "path" to walk through, stuff was accumulating a bit too fast. This is not like me. I have my sewing room ready to go at any time, since I am usually doing so many things at once. So, I tore it all up and did it over. Moved all the machines, and (gasp) even washed the floor, something that hasn't been done in a VERY long time, since there is TOO MUCH STUFF, but, we all know, (at least the females in the group o.k., maybe some guys too...) that when you have to move stuff, you CLEAN the area before you put stuff back. So, it is not done yet, but maybe another day to get all the surfaces cleaned off. It might change again after using it, of course. I will have to start keeping better records. This is from 2008. It wasn't too much different, different sewing tables, and a couple more drawer stacks for fabric. Hmm, now that i look at the pictures, I guess I didn't change too much, just moved stuff to the other side of the room, opposite. Oh well, whatever works.

What you can't see in the last pic, is all the stuff piled up behind me. Hope I can get it done soon and start QUILTING! 

2 comments:

  1. WOW - you have a fabulous space for your sewing! Hope you get it organised to your satisfaction soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I envy your quilting room -- all of that vertical wall space!

    ReplyDelete