Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Tumbler Quilt

I managed to get together the tumbler blocks that I cut with the Accuquilt. My girlfriend and I were at our own retreat and we both cut out a quilt. I have many extra blocks, but need a few more, so there will be another, but it was her tumbler die, so it will have to be when we get together again, hopefully soon. Can't EVER have too many quilting retreats! I bought an Accuquilt after that retreat. They are fun. On to the next UFO. Time to trim down the pile...Now just to get them quilted, although, a lady from our guild just advertised a long arm business, so maybe I will send her some business...!
It always feels good to use up sets of fabric that I buy. Otherwise I feel a bit guilty, but I like the way this turned out. The color is a bit off, as the dark "green" looking color, is actually a brown, with some teal in it. This was a fast quilt. Total hours, I bet was 2 days or less. It took longer to put on the borders on then to sew the tumbler blocks together! Another I can't wait to get finished.

7 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous, you make me want an accuquilt go again. I had talked myself out of it, but......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this layout! This is definitely going on my list to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. superbe réussite !! félicitations
    amicalement

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there a pattern for this beautiful quilt you made?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there is a pattern for this. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful!!I have been in the process of cutting out 5" tumblers. I believe I will use your pattern for mine. I hope you won't mind? Beautiful❣️

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering if there is a pattern for this quilt/.

    ReplyDelete