Thursday, June 16, 2011

Ash River

We are almost all set up in Ash River. We have a house, and it is nice. It has a big yard, 2 bedrooms, (one which is now a sewing room) but a small kitchen. We have not spent a lot of time there yet, to really enjoy the area. Mostly it has been unpacking and CLEANING. The view is nice, but the boat traffic is CRAZY, and I swear, no one has a motor that is less than 75 hp., even the pontoons. I didn't know pontoons could go so fast!
I also painted the sewing room. Not exactly the color I was thinking, but those paint chips can mess with you. It turned out more peach than tan, but oh well. I am not doing it again, until maybe next year. I will still do the bedroom, but at a later date. Dirty sheet rock primer white, wasn't working for me. It is much "warmer" now, and very "cozy". The windows face East and south, so always good light.
(sewing room before, now tan/peach, changes with lighting.)
Since this picture was taken, I have a 36x60 cutting table, another sewing machine, and soon (if it ever gets here...) a 30x48 banquet table for ironing, so it is full, but organized. And it has a nice closet to put all my stuff in, out of the way. I left most of it all at home. Just took some kitted up projects.

The LR is a lot more full, as we have the futon, end tables, book case and another chair in there now. I like the one chair look. I am hating clutter these days.
The dogs are settling in well, and we really like the neighbors. The ones on one side have 5 Britney spaniels that have not quite gotten used to us yet. They still bark when they see us, but soon they won't care. No one has lived there for a while, so they are not used to the activity. On the other side we have some very nice summer folks, and I have already done "tea" and went for a walk, not to mention yacking in the yard...but so far, I am not there much.
We still have to put up a fence, so I can just let the dogs out without having to worry about them taking off. So far, they have been very good, and just enjoy laying in the grass and 'watching', that is their thing, but there is not too much happening at the end of the road. 
I hope we get some company, but there is not much to do there. Head to I. Falls for shopping,  but that is about it, unless you like to fish, or boat, then that is the place to be. We still think Everett Lake is better, and a LOT less boat traffic. Like-none. As it has been said, "there's no place like home..."

No comments:

Post a Comment